I TRY

 I TRY.     September 31, 2024

In the dusk, just before the dawn,

I often choose to linger ,and 

think about things 

long gone.


Things once important, persons

long since passed,

I struggle to remember, and

often get it wrong.


Time,

no friend, it

jumbles all my thoughts, 

but still I try to remember,

unimportant as it may seem,

for once those memories are forgotten

it will be as if we were not.


So,  I try,

continue to try, to remember,

so much, so many,

long gone.



It's interesting how memories fade. I've lived long enough to watch family, and friends, take their last breath.  First thing to go seems memory of their voice, and then slowly their appearance, leaving only memories of significant events, which also slip, slide, away, leaving one to wonder whether what you're trying to remember is actual memory,  or fantasy. Still, I try to remember.

Comments

Popular Posts