DREAMLAND

Have you ever wondered who the people are
encountered in our dreams? 
Is possible that they are real, 
and we, 
a part of their dream?

Dreamland

Last night while deep in sleep,
I travelled down a path
my destination home,
when unexpected the path diverged.
I considered for a moment,
then took the path unknown.

I wandered through a forest
that smelled and looked like pine.
The path, dry and dusty,
was long and twisting,
the day hot and sunny.

Hot and thirsty,
I removed my shell and Tilley,
and set them by the trail,
intending to retrieve them 
when next time down this trail.

Some people happened by,
I stopped to say hello, and ask 
where the path was leading. 
They said they didn’t know.

I continued on, 
alone,
confused as to where,
the path was leading……

And then I found myself in a town,
perhaps a city,
with streets long, and 
unknown.

I wandered,
down one street, 
and then another,
wondering, 
confused,
as to where the path had gone.

I came upon a woman,
someone I didn’t know, 
I asked her about the trail, but 
she said she didn’t know. 

Panicking, and
with darkness descending,
I came upon a trail.
Not knowing where it led,
desperate to go home,
I took this trail through woods unfamiliar,
and woke up in my bed,
I wonder if my home.

Throughout the day following,
I wondered on my dream, and
thinking to find solution,
I called upon  a source well known,
Google was its name.

In seconds came the answer,
though I should have known,
choices are its fame.
I chose the one most likely, 
and 
satisfied,
that I’d selected wisely,
I went about my day.

As to my choice,
you must forgive me,
……. a secret I choose to claim.

EAS

Comments

Popular Posts