SHADOWS



 Shadows


I’ve often wondered the events in my life, and wondered,

if things had been different, would my life have ben different. 

None of my childhood friends went fishing. I went alone. 

There was just me, and the fish. Me, and a can of worms, 

an old rusty rod and reel, and time. Time spent in wonder, 

more than time spent fishing. I watched while wondering, 

watched as my life unfolded, 

watched as the seasons changed, 

watched as the world around me changed,

leaving nothing the same. It’s a fact, nothing ever remains the same, 

the world is in constant flux, and even though a pebble on a beach 

when seen time and time again, 

appears unchanged,

the tides of time are wearing, and with time ,

the pebble becomes a grain of sand. Life 

has no reality. There exists just time. We are simply shadows 

without purpose, in a never ending drama,

fashioned by time.


Comments

Popular Posts