OUR REALITY

Autumn - Soft Ground Etching


 WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR


Once upon a time, 

not so long ago, but

seems long ago,

when once a boy, 

I made a wish upon a star, 

and hoped that it would come true.


It didn’t.


I’m now all grown up,

old, withered, aged and,

still ageing, as some would say,

and just the other day, I

made another wish upon a star.


It didn’t come true.


You see I wished for peace on earth, and 

good will to all mankind. I even 

wished for health and happiness to find its way,

and stay, but , perhaps, needless to say,

I’m still waiting……..


The moral of my story, short but true,

when you wish upon a star nothing 

comes true, as wishing, and hoping 

is the stuff of children’s dreams. 


Our reality, 

no dream, 

not wishes upon stars,

so true.


Comments

Popular Posts