MY COMPUTER



Saw-whet Owl                                   Etching.  circa. 1980


 MY COMPUTER


I have a computer that I make use of every day, 

wonderful in many ways, 

with a memory vast to behold. 


With the dawn it wakes up, 

writes, 

explores, 

saves memories, then 

stores them in a safe place

for use another day.


At night when I am sleeping, 

it’s ever active, 

filing, 

and bringing order, 

to the chaos of the day. 


It also has two cameras, 

producing images galore, 

some simply random, but 

others saved forever more. 


It captures color,

in countless shades and hues,

to help with recognition,

 memories that have skewed. 


It has special features, 

a means to capture sound, 

a speaker,

touch pads, 

and  intelligence, that 

seems to grow,

and grow. 


Unfortunately, 

my computer’s warranty is limited, 

adapted to a lifetime of use, 

and constant wear.


 Its files not transferable, 

a loss to those quite dear. 


As if you haven’t gathered, 

my computer,

is my brain, 

of which there is no copy,

unique in every way.





Comments

Popular Posts